To follow is a list of laboratories that offer a range of diagnostic screening tests to help with the detection and monitoring of various cancers, including :
- Cancer antigen CA 15-3 – a sensitive blood test that gives an elevated result in the presence of breast cancer.
- Cancer antigen CA 125 – a blood test that gives an elevated result in the presence of malignancies of the ovary.
- Prostate specific antigen or PSA – a blood test to help detect prostate cancer.
- Carcinoembryonic antigen or CEA – a blood test that detects a substance produced by malignant tumours.
- Cancer antigen CA 19-9 – a blood test detecting a substance found in the serum of many patients with pancreatic, gastro-intestinal and hepatobiliary cancers.
- Alpha fetoprotein or AFP – a blood test to detect a protein found in elevated levels in the presence of liver cancer, and sometimes in the presence of testicular, ovarian, stomach, or pancreatic cancer.
- Placental alkaline phosphatase – a blood test to detect a substance that is present in 40-65% of patients with ovarian carcinoma and in up to 10% of other cancer patients.
This list is currently being updated – please contact us with your location to discover how to conduct tests in your country / area.